Author Topic: New Member Import and improved Member Export  (Read 8823 times)

Radishworks

• View Profile
New Member Import and improved Member Export
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
On the Members screen there is now a new Import Members Data button.  This new button allows you to import members from a CSV file.  These type files can be exported from Excel or most any spreadsheet or database.  This new import feature allows you to specify the fields names, such as first name, last name, address, etc. to match the format of your file.

The Export Members Data button has been moved from the Reports screen to the Members screen and now respects the current show by filters.  So for example you can export only active members or ones of a particular unit. 

Both this import and export features are only available to administrators with full system access or Export/Import Member Data checked in their login level.

Mike

Del Morris

• View Profile
    • Sonoma County Search and Rescue Unit
Re: New Member Import and improved Member Export
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:40:02 PM »
 :( having a little difficulty with this - Not sure if I am hanging my head right or not  :) -  I have matched all of the columns in my csv file - Doesn't seem to upload - is there a start upload button? all I see is a cancel button.  - I select my file,  hit enter and nothing happens? have waited many minutes, does it indicate when the upload is finished?   Now I am seeing a duplicate data field that I can not seem to get rid of.   HELP    I now have two CPR/AED boxes.  GPS uploads of track off of a GPS - I see nothing on my screen to start this process ... I may be going blind.
Del Morris
Chair NASAR TEC
Sonoma SAR

(707)338-4760
===========================
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and should be read or used by the intended recipient. Please visualize the smil

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: New Member Import and improved Member Export
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
Hi Del,

Once you see the screen with the field columns your .CSV file should be uploaded.  You should then see two buttons on the bottom of the screen "Import Members" and "Cancel Members Import".  If you are not seeing these, there could be a problem with your .CSV file. 

A couple things:
  • What browser are you using?
  • Could you please email your .CVS file to: [support (at Symbol) radishworks.com]?  I can check to see if there is something odd about its format the new import feature isn't supporting.
Thanks,
Mike