Author Topic: Additional "optional" member fields  (Read 9861 times)

SFD CERT

• View Profile
Additional "optional" member fields
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:31 PM »
Not sure if this has been addressed before or not.  I'd like to use the member export to upload into our ID card printing system.  On the back of our ID cards we print DOB, height, weight, eye color, hair color and blood type (in case our member is unconscious and needs to be identified/drugs administered).

Can optional fields be placed in the system, separated (like next of kin/medical info), available to be updated by the member (like medical and next of kin info) and optional to use (via the configuration) for key vitals like this?  As it stands now, we upload the export, then we have to go in by hand and key everyone's vital statistics before printing IDs...a pain in the butt considering our ID cards expire annually for newer members, every 2 years for senior members.

tkleager

• View Profile
    • Scotts Bluff County CERT
Re: Additional "optional" member fields
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »
This is something we would also be interested in as we are headed for a new Comprehensive Resource Management And Credentialing System by the end of the year.
Tyler Kleager
Scotts Bluff County CERT Webmaster
www.scottsbluffcountycert.org

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »
Getting a separate section for that information will have to be a wishlist item. However, the functionality you want can be accomplished by configuring those ID card items as "Member Equipment Strings".

A team admin with the permissions to configure your team can go to the Configurations tab, click the "+" next to "Member Fields" and scroll down to "Member Equipment Strings". You can add as many custom strings as you like, and they do get exported when you export your team members in the Members tab.

Try it out in the sandbox. I've already set up three custom strings for DOB, Blood Type, and Height. For those that don't know, the sandbox is an exploratory area where you can test out different aspects of the program without changing your team's data. The Help file has the various login levels, but to log in with the highest permissions, use cmd@radishworks.com for the user name and password for the password. The sandbox gets reset every night.

tensai

• View Profile
    • Bonneville County SAR
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
I had a somewhat similar need and I'll put it out there in case this helps.

I wanted to use Mission Manager data for our roster, but have a lot more control over formatting and such. I wrote a program in Perl to take the members.zip export file and output an Excel file suitable for printing. The process of parsing the data was fairly simple. You might be able to extract just the fields you need for your ID card system.

If there's interest, I'd be happy to put together a post about how I did it, including the script I wrote.
Corey Edwards
Bonneville County SAR
www.bcssar.com

SFD CERT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »
...can member equipment strings be edited by the member when they log in (similar to the contact info and medical info)?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
Yes, the team member can enter/edit the information in the equipment strings on the Members tab.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
I added blood type in the certification field and I get this when I export. I wanted blood type as a dropdown so it would limit what members can enter. I entered O+ for Hoss and O_ for Kathy.

ID Number   First Name   Last Name   Blood
ID19   Bill   Biggie (sample)   0
ID17   Chris   Black (sample)   0
ID27   Dan   Yackie (sample)   0
ID15   Hoss   Ranger (sample)   1
ID26   Kathy   Rogers (sample)   2

In this same section for medical, USAR,and Sworn, it shows the actual data when exporting.

Help.

Dawn
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:44:00 AM by jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
Thanks for the report, it's been fixed.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile