Author Topic: Pricing  (Read 10617 times)

SFD CERT

• View Profile
Pricing
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:24:41 AM »
...so no-one has any comments on the upcoming pricing models?

SFD CERT

• View Profile
Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:38 AM »
...really?  Not one person?

cbcert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
I'm hoping they will keep a free version for us volunteers with no budget to finance subscriptions. :'(

SFD CERT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
From the discussions I've had, a 'free' version seems out of the question. 

Unfortunately our program will not be able to support the annual $4,625 price tag the new MM owners are demanding for our team, so we will be moving to another platform (either our own MSAccess database or another web provider). 

It was nice while it lasted.

JonathanHarraden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »
Collier County, Florida SAR is discussing with administration the benefits of purchasing the use of MM.  We are a county government funded team which means that although the county has money it doesn't necessarily mean we can use any of it.  This program has been excellent for planning, is very SAR oriented, and is very well received by other departments as a visual aid, but there are still some things we need and use that are not MM friendly yet.  I am hopeful of a positive outcome but I am sharpening my pencils and replacing my markers.

konagecko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:37 PM »
We remain hopeful an alternative arrangement will be presented so that our totally volunteer and non-profit CERT can continue to use this wonderful product. We were an early adopter and have enjoyed seeing many of our suggestions implemented in the current version. We would be willing pay a one-time (something modest) price as we acknowledge the value, or if need be, we could restrict our access to only 7 command staff people, although it would create a bottle neck for our 60+ members who, we had hoped could keep their training and certification profiles up to date without a admin bottleneck. But the current proposed pricing structure would cost us yearly more than our total financial expenses have been for the last 4 years. I pray we don't have to go back to just a Spread Sheet and the GroupMe app.