Author Topic: Issue with importing members  (Read 7783 times)

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
Issue with importing members
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:03:10 AM »
Hi,
I had to import some new members today and I used the export csv as my guide, but some items still did not import (I had to go into each member manually and add them).

The 'joined' which is a date field and the 'cert training' which is a check box did not import. In the csv file, they were done correctly.

The "joined' was a date field in the csv file and the 'cert training' was a yes, both look exactly as they do when exporting the member list.

Can anyone provide assistance on this? I'd be happy to send you the csv that I uploaded so you can try it as well.

Dawn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with importing members
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
Sure, send file to support@missionmanager.com.  If any sensitive info, please edit before sending. Thanks.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
Hi,

I sent an email just now and included a snapshot of the forum post for reference.

Dawn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:16:04 PM »
Okay, got it. Will report back to you soon.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »
Thanks for the sample file, it helped a lot.

When importing dates, they must be in the format of yyyy-mm-dd as stated on the import screen. I formatted one of the Joined date cells in Excel using the Custom format choice, copied the cell, then pasted the "Formatting Only" into the other cells. The dates then imported correctly.

For the Cert Training field, which is a checkbox, the import requirement is case sensitive. Sorry there were no instructions on that case sensitivity. The code will be changed to eliminate that case sensitive requirement, but not for a week or so due to some updates on our side.

So you had the correct data of yes or no, but for importing it needs to be Yes or No. Also (and I'm sure you did this) on the import screen make sure the label at the top of the column for custom fields (like CERT Training) is changed from *ignore* to the proper field name.

Thanks again for your help and for posting here to help others out as well.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 04:38:39 AM »
Thanks for taking care of this so quickly.

A note though - the note about the date field is very small and is after a bolded portion of text. I honestly never even saw it. Can you make it a little more noticeable in the help? Maybe put a hard return before it, so it sits on its own line or maybe a "**" before..something to make it stand out.

Dawn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 10:02:27 PM »
I'll see what I can do, thanks.