Author Topic: Check ins and reports  (Read 14896 times)

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
Check ins and reports
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
Evening,

We ran a mission this past weekend and ran into a few issues:

1. When you check someone in, there is no way to edit the check in time in/out once they are checked in. There were some folks who came and did not check in right away and their time was wrong. How can I correct it, after they have been checked in mistakenly?

2. On the reports, if run a mission personnel report, it will still show time for someone even if the time was deleted in the timekeeping section. For example, some folks were checked in during a test run of the mission and that time was deleted in the time keeping section, but when you run the report, that deleted time still shows up on the personnel status report.

3. The personnel status report also doesn't give the personnel's check out time (when exported to excel) or the total time each person was on the mission. We would like to see a personnel summary report. Where you would see the person's name and the total time each person spent on the mission. Is that possible?

Thank you,

Dawn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Check ins and reports
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »
1. We are exploring how best to provide a method for editing the check in data. There are ramifications for some teams in modifying that information should the mission records need to be used in court. A suggestion would be to check them out and then check back in with the correct information. Not ideal however, so we are looking into this.

2. Time Keeping can be autofilled for members who participate in a mission (it's a Configuration setting). But it's not a two way street. Once the Time Keeping entry is made, it is an independent record. It's separate from the mission report, by design actually. That way additional time can be added for mission prep or driving or whatever. But those edited Time Keeping hours won't affect the mission reports.

3. I think you can accomplish that two ways. When in a Mission, under the Reports tab there is a Personnel Status Report. It shows Name, Status, Start Date & Time, End Date & Time, and Total Time. The End Time is the check out time.

Or you can export to Excel from the Personnel tab when in a Mission. That Export Personnel Status button exports the following:  Last Name, First Name, Agency, Status, Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time, Seconds.

Hopefully that was what you were looking for. Thanks for the post.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 05:44:52 AM »
Hi,
Thank you for the reply...I do have some further comments:

1) Even if you check them out and back in, the original check in record still stands. Our issue is we need the ability to edit the original check in/out information. I understand the court issue though, but there could be notations that the original record was edited, just in case.

2) We do have autofill setup. And if time is deleted from timekeeping, I do not understand why reports do not reflect the updated/corrected data. We are taking away time that wasn't really earned, but just inputted as a test. But in the mission personnel reports it still shows up. Goes back to the check in / check out issue. We really need a way to ensure our time is accurate and sometimes (unfortunately) this happens after the mission has ended and we go through all the paperwork.

3) Yes, I am familiar with the personnel report within the mission in the report secton, but it does not give me a non-detailed summary. I am basically looking for name, date, time in, time out, and total time. One row per member. It looks like this:

Doe, Jane - LECERT (Currently: Checked Out)
History Status   Start Date/Time   End Date/Time   Total Time
On Scene   06/23/2014 0944       (Mileage: 0)
Available   06/23/2014 0944   06/23/2014 1248   3 Hours, 4 Mins
Shelter 1   06/23/2014 1248   07/22/2014 1326   4 Weeks, 1 Day, 0 Hours, 37 Mins
Checked Out       07/22/2014 1326   
On Scene   07/22/2014 1335       (Mileage: 0)
Available   07/22/2014 1335   10/04/2014 2140   10 Weeks, 4 Days, 8 Hours, 5 Mins
Checked Out       10/04/2014 2140   
Total Time on this Mission: 14 Weeks, 5 Days, 11 Hours, 47 Mins   Total Mission Mileage: 0

And the personnel report within the personnel section looks like this:
Last Name   First Name   Agency   Status   Start Date   Start Time   End Date   End Time   Seconds
Doe   Jane   LECERT   On Scene   6/23/2014   944         
Doe   Jane   LECERT   Available   6/23/2014   944   6/23/2014   1248   11079
Doe   Jane   LECERT   Shelter 1   6/23/2014   1248   7/22/2014   1326   2507840
Doe   Jane   LECERT   Checked Out   7/22/2014   1326         
Doe   Jane   LECERT   On Scene   7/22/2014   1335         
Doe   Jane   LECERT   Available   7/22/2014   1335   10/4/2014   2140   6422734
Doe   Jane   LECERT   Checked Out   10/4/2014   2140         
Again, not really a summary

Thanks again.

Dawn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
Thanks for the follow up.

1)  We are looking into the issue of editing the check in/out records.

2)  As you write, the mission report times go back to the check in/out records. That should be rectified with a solution to #1 above. Editing Time Keeping records will not change mission records, again by design. Those are two separate areas in the database. The autofill that happens by being checked into a mission is a way of helping a member fill out their time sheet. It would be problematic from an auditing standpoint to allow members to change their Time Keeping and therefore change their mission times.

3)  I will submit a feature request for a non-detailed summary report of mission hours, one row per member.

Again thanks for the input.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »
Thank you.

And just for the record, I would not want members to be able to edit their time, but an administrator should be able to adjust these records when doing post mission work.

Dawn

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »
Hi
has this been dealt with? We ran into it again...we have to be able to adjust check in/check out times for people. It is a fact that when in a mission the admin stuff is not always done right away and there are always corrections administratively during post mission work.

We ran into it again this weekend...a bunch of check out times are wrong, as some folks were not checked out on the computer until later in the day (and they left earlier) and the check out time was not able to be entered (it used the time the physical check out button was pushed, not the time entered in the EOS check out screen).

This is a real problem and is causing administrative nightmares.

DAwn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »
Not yet. We are working on adding an edit button for the administrators.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 08:36:48 AM »
Hi all,

this is still a problem. We are running  a mission and even though I manually changed the check in time when checking someone in, it still keeps the time I actually checked them in when running the report.

for instance, I check Bob in at 0832 and changed his check in time to 0900 (as the exercise started at 0900) before I hit the check in button. I then say check in.

When I go into Bob's time keeping and reporting, it has him checking in at 0832.

This has got to be fixed. It has been months and months that we have been having issues the whole time and we have not heard anything being done on this bug.

Please, we really like the product but this is a serious time keeping issue.

Dawn Jenkins

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 09:39:46 AM »
I will bump this up and get back with you by Monday on the resolution to this issue.

Thank you.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 08:44:47 PM »
This issue is happening because the system is rejecting the future entered time and reverting back to the present time. On our side, we need to decide if that is a desired functionality to allow check-in at a future time as it creates other problems. What if a member is checked in at a future time, say 1200 hours, and then checks out at 1115 hours?  They would have negative time on the mission.

Check In/Out is meant to be a contemporaneous act. A member presents themselves for check-in and their time for the mission starts, and they again need to present themselves to be checked out for personnel accountability. If it is done later, it would be possible to leave someone in the field.

jenkinsd@tampabay.rr.com

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 05:33:39 AM »
Hi,

thanks for getting back to me. The issue still is that somewhere in the admin side of things there needs to be a way to change/update the check in/out times for admins, not for everyone.

Dawn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
Agreed. We're working on that and the best place/method for accomplishing that. Thanks.