Author Topic: SMS Text Messages  (Read 14777 times)

kd6zeu

• View Profile
SMS Text Messages
« on: January 01, 2015, 11:49:07 AM »
Our Verizon members are not receiving SMS text messages from Mission Manager.  The two Verizon addresses we use are @vzwpix.com and @vtext.com.  Is there a setting that we need to set-up or is there some registration at Verizon that we need to get set-up so that SMS will be delivered?   What ever help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

On a side but related note it appears that the SMS message is not a pure text message.  We tried to use Mission Manager to send an SMS Message to our pagers.  The message comes in garbled.  Our pagers can only accept pure text messages.  Again, is this a setting that we need to set somewhere?

Thanks

Paul

Andy Vuong

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SMS Text Messages
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 10:50:25 AM »
Hi Paul,

You can go to Members tab, click on the Member button to expand the fields and then input your SMS Address.  Please take a look at the attachment if you can't find the input SMS Address.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »
It's true that the SMS messages sent by Mission Managers are not true SMS messages, but rather use the email to text gateway that all mobile providers allow for using the nnnnnnnnnn@cellprovider.com format. If the messaging problem is only happening for your Verizon members, you would need to contact Verizon to see if they are diverting those for some reason.

My local team gave up pagers long ago, but the pager company did have an email gateway. You might check with your pager company to see if allow for that.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
Often a carrier, Verizon, Sprint, etc, will see multiple emails coming from one email address as spam and block or "blacklist" that address.  Using an SMS gateway provided by the carrier and a paging software package that uses SNPP or WCTP protocol to send the page (SMS text message) ...will avoid the email blacklist issue.  NotePage is one such paging software provider.  http://www.notepage.net/

I learned a lot about getting around these SMS-over-email issues on the NotePage web site.  I'm not a NotePage salesman or vendor, just an EMA volunteer that had the same issue.

Roger

Dennis Peck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
Veriizon Wireless failed to deliver multiple messages today 4/26/15, between 0500 and 0540 hrs during a callout  (SoCal).  I contacted VZW customer service and reached 2nd level support and they said the trouble "had" to be at the sending end (which we know isn't likely).  I have a contact number at VZW for 2nd level support and they are open to having a conference call with a Mission Manager technical rep. Please contact me to set up a call.

I have also looked into a VZW service called Enterprise Messaging which appears to be a "pre-screened" service for organizational messaging.  There seems to be a charge (unknown amount), a pilot number, static IP requirement for message origin, and the use of a different message delivery domain (@vzemag.biz).  The service may be restricted to large corp. or government accounts, not certain.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:32 PM »
We will reach out to you. Thanks for digging into the issue.