Author Topic: Sending an E-mail with an Attachment  (Read 11280 times)

jbdier

• View Profile
Sending an E-mail with an Attachment
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:31 PM »
Hi All,
Can anyone give advice on how to send my team a message that includes an attachment?
Jenn

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sending an E-mail with an Attachment
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »
You could send an email with an attachment using the email forwarding method. The method requires some setup in the Configuration screen so check with your team administrator to see if that is already done (picture attached).

Email forwarding (or text forwarding or phone forwarding) is a way to send a message to your team via email. The email MUST come from the email address associated with you in your Mission Manager database.

Here's an example (with data from the Configuration Screen and the attached picture):
Team Name: Four Corners First Responders
Team Abbreviation: fc
Forward prefix for emails:  fc-email

To send an email to everyone on my team, I would address it to fc-email@missionmanager.net.
To send an email to a subset of my team, I would address it to unitname.fc-email@missionmanager.net where unitname is a unit in my team's database without spaces. So to send to Tech Rescue I would send to techrescue.fc-email@missionmanager.net. I could send the email with an attachment if desired.

Note that emails, texts, or phone calls sent using this method are delayed by up to 5 minutes. And of course phone calls use Twilio and only work if you have set that up.