Author Topic: Member - Read Only Own  (Read 11472 times)

thunderft

• View Profile
Member - Read Only Own
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:42:08 PM »
Couldn't find this in any of the posts. Is there a way I can set a members account so they can *NOT* edit any of there own info, but can view it.   IE... "Member, Own Read Only"

I see where I can set "Read Only" for others, but not for Self/Own.

I want members to not be able to change any of their data entered by Admin Officers, yet I do want them to "see" their own info.

Is there any way to do this?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Member - Read Only Own
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »
No, there is no 'Read Only' for self.  When the program was developed, it was assumed a member would keep track of their own contact information. As I'm sure you've seen, there are permission sets for other items in their member record such as certifications and expirations, but not for editing themselves. I can write that up as a feature request.

As a fallback, an administrator could review the Detailed Member Change History report found in the Reports tab and review changes from time to time to see if members have changed their own record.

thunderft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:37:36 AM »
Thank you. I would like you to add that as a feature request if you don't mind.

We currently have our members use an internal based reporting system to make changes to their information. This internal system generates notifications to certain critical staffers, and then auto generates updated rosters.

In Mission Manager under 'members', we've created separate "Rank", "Region" and other fields that members could alter when we don't want them too. In essence, someone could give themselves a promotion and change the region they are assigned too. Not something we want them doing. So, locking them out of changing their own information is a feature we could use to solve this.

Thank you for replying so fast.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 12:11:41 PM »
Actually Mission Manager already prevents a member from changing those fields (Rank, Region). An administrator can change those fields, but a member cannot until they have "Member - Other's Information" permission. Without that permission, all a member can change is this:

ID Number
First & Last Name
Address
City State Zip
Email
SMS Address
Home, Work, Cell, Other Phone Numbers
APRS Callsign
Medications
Allergies
Emergency Contact  (Name, Relation, Phone, Notes)
Member Notes
Member Equipment
ID Photo

I'm guessing you are an Administrator or have the rights to do certain things on your team, so you might guess that others can do the same. They can't unless they have the permissions.

Best way to "see" the team as they do is to log in at a lower level. You can do that by checking out the sandbox feature of Mission Manager. Here are the logins to do that:  http://missionmanager.info/wiki/index.php/Mission_Manager_Sand_Box

thunderft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »
I see that extra fields that I enter can not be changed if I set permissions a certain way. Still, I need to lock out members from changing any of their own info.

Much like employees can be allowed to look at the contents of their personnel folder. But, HR will never allow them to alter the contents. That's an HR only thing.

In this case, I'm looking for the Admin (me) to be able to make changes, but I want the members to not be able to alter any of their own data at all.

sdmrt66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »
This is actually incorrect.  For some reason, somewhere along the line, the program was changed to allow members to self edit the sections in the third column (Agency, Rank, Unit, etc...).  I know the wiki says it is locked down to admins but it is not.  There is not a combination of settings that allow members to only edit their personal information and not be able to change the Agency, Rank, Unit, etc... columns without locking them out of access to their basic information.