Author Topic: Offline Use  (Read 17284 times)

jlehman

• View Profile
    • San Bernardino County Sheriff's SAR
Offline Use
« on: July 30, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »
I created a mission, and downloaded it for offline use. It is part of an exercise for a rescue class that my team is running. I knew I was going to be in an area with zero cell coverage, so I wanted to use MM in offline mode.  I fired up the laptop and pointed the browser to http://www.radishworks.com/SearchManager/Login.php . I got a message saying that "Mission Manager Offline Extension: The app is currently unreachable". Did I foul something up? I am running Chrome on an XP machine. What's the best way to run things offline, and are there optimum cache settings?

Thanks,
JL
Jeff Lehman
San Bernardino County SAR
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

jlehman

• View Profile
Re: Offline Use
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:36:48 AM »
A further wrinkle... It seems that all my missions have disappeared. This isn't a big deal as there wasn't any "real" mission data, but they are no longer there (including the one that I created for online use), and I no longer have the option of creating an online mission. My user permission should allow me to do such things. Ideas?
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
A few questions:

Can you see the off-line data using the steps in this post? http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.msg284#msg284

On the "Select Mission" screen do you see an empty Off-line mission list, or no off-line area at all?

If you don't have the Create On-line mission button, that may be a permission issue.  Is there someone else on your team with admin rights that could have changed your permissions?

Thanks.

toddclausen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »
I have the same problem.  It seems the link created for the mission manager offline extension points to the Radishworks Search Manager online site instead of something local.  The system seems to work great if I create a mission online and transfer it offline.  Leaving the tabs open is the only way to make it work.  Once the browser is closed if you are off line I can't see a way to use Mission Manager as the extension points to the online site.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Todd Clausen
People and Paws SAR

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »
Radishworks Search Manager online site instead of something local
That is correct.  Chrome should detect when you are offline and use its cache when offline.  Even for links that are pointing to the web.  If you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing when offline it might be helpful.

Here, is a sample offline application: http://diveintohtml5.org/examples/offline/halma.html

Once you visit that link, you should be able to visit that same link (even offline) and it should work. 

Let me know what happens.

Mike

toddclausen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
Here is a screen shot, maybe I have something setup wrong on my browser (Chrome 12.0.742.142)?  The system does as I said work fine if I leave the Mission Manager tab open before I go off line, but get the unreachable page from the extension link.  The offline halma link you posted seems to work fine when I'm offline.
Todd Clausen
People and Paws SAR

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
Hmm, that's odd, that's not what you should see.  Do you get any errors when you use the 'Cache Maps / Sync Missions' button?

Have you tried a Favorite rather than click on the extension?

Also try the following two links offline, and see if they work.

http://www.radishworks.com/SearchManager/Login.php

https://www.radishworks.com/SearchManager/Login.php

Attached is what you should see when you are offline.

Thanks,
Mike

toddclausen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 01:31:46 PM »
Unfortunately I'm getting the same behavior on a favorite as well as both http and https links.  Looking at my settings I see Radishworks has set several cookies and has local and session storage enabled, so should be OK. My problem seems to be I need to start and download the mission while online before going offline.

I did discover another issue while researching the problem and maybe its just in the way the offline storage works and related to above. Everything seems to work fine if I create the mission on line and then download for offline.  If I have no missions downloaded I get the unreachable error.  The new issue is that if I have a downloaded offline mission and click the "New Offline" button while offline I lose the ability to open either mission.  At this point when I select a mission as seen on the attached image I only get a "Delete" button and don't get an "Open Offline" button until I go back online, delete the new mission, and re-download.
Todd Clausen
People and Paws SAR

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
OK, this is making a little more sense.  You need to press the "Cache Maps / Sync Missions" button at least once for MM to cache all the MM pages for offline use.  This button was hidden until you downloaded a mission.  This has been fixed so the "Cache Maps / Sync Missions" button is visible for first time users.  Downloading a mission does the same thing, it caches MM pages for offline use, that's why it started working for you.

The new issue is that if I have a downloaded offline mission and click the "New Offline" button while offline I lose the ability to open either mission.
You found a bug.  Its fixed now, the "Open Offline Mission" button should never vanish when you are offline.

To get the fixes, while on-line press F5 to refresh the page then press the "Cache Maps / Sync Missions" button.

Thanks for the reports.

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 04:25:24 PM »
It seems that I can access things offline, but my members aren't being transferred. I have synced and cached, and there is a file count as it goes through the process. When I then go to check people in, it doesn't have anybody in the database, and it doesn't allow for me to create anybody. It says, "Member ID not found or not active, please see command staff". I double checked that all members are set to active. I have waited for all files to sync.

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
If you activate a couple of the "(sample)" members and download the sample mission do they download?

toddclausen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
You found a bug.  Its fixed now, the "Open Offline Mission" button should never vanish when you are offline.

To get the fixes, while on-line press F5 to refresh the page then press the "Cache Maps / Sync Missions" button.

Thanks for the reports.

Thanks!  Seems to work as expected now!

Todd
Todd Clausen
People and Paws SAR

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
I can't get things to work. It has now gone back to the app being unreachable. I activated a few sample members, and when I went to access things offline, I got the unreachable error again.
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »
It could be a problem with Chrome's offline cache. 

Try going to this link: chrome://appcache-internals/

Clear the MM cache and then do a Sync again.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:57:30 AM by Radishworks »

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
That seemed to do the trick with getting to the login screen, but none of my user data seems to be available. If I click on the "Check-In" screen and input a name in the members list, it says that the ID is not available.  I completed your suggestion of activating some of the sample members, and their data is not there as well. I am making sure that I wait for all the data to get downloaded and synced, but it doesn't seem to be getting the member data. Any ideas?
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org