Author Topic: Retrieve a deleted member  (Read 7735 times)

Retrieve a deleted member
« on: July 18, 2016, 01:46:38 PM »
Is there any way to retrieve a deleted member to look at their hours, ect.?

Roger

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Retrieve a deleted member
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:16:55 PM »
No, once deleted they are gone. Administrators can see some member/certification information from the 'Detailed Member Change History' report on the Reports tab, but that does not include hours.

Rather than deleting a member, we would suggest changing a member's status to one of the non-active choices, like Resigned, Retired, etc. in order to preserve records, such as Timekeeping. The status field is in the Certifications and Expirations area of the Member record.

Re: Retrieve a deleted member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:45:10 AM »
OK, well they are gone I guess.  With the last few members that left the organization, I disabled their account by checking "Member Account Disabled" on the MEMBERS page.  All well and good with the exception that these disabled members are included by default on messages sent to the group.

Yes, I can de-select them from the list of those members (in MESSAGES) that will get the message.  However, in the rush to get a message out in an emergency callout, it's cumbersome for the user to have to do this to prevent a message going to a disabled account.  Yet we'd like to keep the disabled user's account data, as we discussed above.

It seems that MM should not default to select members in MESSAGES that have disabled accounts in MEMBERS.

Roger