Author Topic: Export Map Data is exporting all data  (Read 9345 times)

Sam Chan

• View Profile
Export Map Data is exporting all data
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:18:47 PM »
The help file states that:

Export Areas - Select this button to download all of the currently visible map elements to a GPX, KML, or TXT file. Only elements with their visibility set on [v/]  will be exported.

However, I can only find "Export Map Data" and not "Export Areas". When I use "Export Map Data", the GPX file will contain all the map data and not just the one with their visibility set. Is there a way to export just the visible data?

Sam Chan
OCSD SRRU
Sam Chan
OCSD SRRU

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Export Map Data is exporting all data
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 06:48:51 PM »
We were able to export only certain objects using the "Export Map Data" button. For the test, we created four map elements, but only had two of them checked and visible on the map. Actually one was off the viewable portion of the map, but it was checked. The resulting GPX file had only the two elements that were checked.

Perhaps it's a browser issue?  We used Chrome version 54.0.2840.71 m on a Windows 10 machine. The Help wiki has been changed so the wiki instructions reflect the button name in the software.

Sam Chan

• View Profile
Re: Export Map Data is exporting all data
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
I'm using the same Chrome version on a Windows 10 laptop.

I'm seeing a new issue that I did not noticed before. I turn off all map elements except for one polygon. There are a few markers that are check and I first check the box to show all the elements and then uncheck it to turn off all elements. I put the mouse over the polygon and the vertices will appear. The two elements in Locations that was previously uncheck would now show up as checked and the markers are displayed.

When I try to export just the polygon that's displayed, I get all the polygons and most of the markers. The GPX file generates an error in Basecamp but not in Terrain Navigator Pro.
Sam Chan
OCSD SRRU