Author Topic: Time Keeping Range  (Read 5611 times)

jlehman

• View Profile
    • San Bernardino County Sheriff's SAR
Time Keeping Range
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
I don't quite understand the time keeping date ranges. Is the "open date" the beginning date that folks can enter time info? Where do I set the closing date? Whenever I set an "end date" or a "start date" it seems to be different the next time I open things.

Our hours and miles are due the 5th of every month. With my current system (A Google form) I allow members to input the data until the 4th for the previous month. So, right now they have until Thursday this week to enter their hours and miles for July.

How do I replicate this access date window in MM? It seems that whenever I change the dates, they are different the next time I log in. Which dates do I change?

JL
Jeff Lehman
San Bernardino County SAR
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Time Keeping Range
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »
The Start Date and End Date are the dates for each activity.  We only use the End Date for events that go overnight, for example a mission that last for two days would have a End Date.  For the most part we only enter Start Dates for time keeping items. 

Whenever I set an "end date" or a "start date" it seems to be different the next time I open things.
If you are referring to "Enter/Edit Start Date" and "Enter/Edit End Dates" MM tries to calculate the range of dates the member should be entering their time for.  Part of this calculation is based on the current date and what you have set in the configuration settings.

Is the "open date" the beginning date that folks can enter time info?
Yes.  Open Date - This is the last date the user entering time keeping data will be able to enter.  Change this date to "close" previous days so users cannot change the dates before this date.  Only administrators or those with the "Time Keeping Open Date" permission will see this field. 

Our hours and miles are due the 5th of every month
In the Configuration screen set "Day of the month Time Keeping entries are Due" to "5".

I allow members to input the data until the 4th for the previous month
Supervisors can change the "Close Date" to stop members from entering data before this date.