Author Topic: Offline Mission Doesn't appear, yet says synced  (Read 11383 times)

jlehman

• View Profile
    • San Bernardino County Sheriff's SAR
Offline Mission Doesn't appear, yet says synced
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:05:09 AM »
This is a strange one. This only happens on a single computer, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

When I sync a mission for offline use, it doesn't appear in the offline missions. It goes through all of the motions, but the box never gets populated with the name. If I disable the WiFi radio, and attempt to access it, there is no record of it. I have removed the appcache and resynced, refreshed, and still the same result. Any ideas?

This only seems to happen with this little netbook. My larger laptop, and desktop work as expected. The two laptops are WinXP.

JL
Jeff Lehman
San Bernardino County SAR
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
Re: Offline Mission Doesn't appear, yet says synced
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »
Sounds like an issue with the offline storage of data.  Make sure you have the latest browser version and localStorage isn't turned off.  You can use the tips in this post to look at the localStorage values:
http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.msg284#msg284

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
Funny...now my desktop is exhibiting the same symptoms...I went back to check the laptop that was working, and it is now not syncing. I deleted the previously synced mission, then went to sync it again after deleting things with the appcache-internals. Nothing gets listed in the offline missions. I'm running Chrome v. 13.x on all the computers. I have as much of the content stuff enabled as possible. One computer has no anti-virus protection. One is running McAfee and one is running NOD32.

To summarize, all of the computers that I have tried (with the exception of a couple of Macs laying around) are exhibiting the same issues.

I just got confirmation that our satellite truck won't be available this weekend due to some scheduled maintenance, so we are totally off-the-grid in the middle of the desert (Mitchell Caverns).

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »
Same question.  Can you see the values in localStorage, using the information here:
http://www.radishworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.msg284#msg284

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »
There is a 3K file with the title below in the directory below that.

https_www.radishworks.com_0.localstorage (3K file)

C:\Users\[myaccount]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage

When I check chrome://appcache-internals, it says that there is 5.5MB of local data.

Below is what I get when I have tools>javascript console>resources showing when I click the download button. It goes through the motions, but doesn't populate the "offline missions" box.

load
Document was loaded from Application Cache with manifest https://www.radishworks.com/SearchManager/Manifest.php
Application Cache Checking event
UtilitiesOffline.js:48checking
Application Cache NoUpdate event
UtilitiesOffline.js:48noupdate
UtilitiesOffline.js:48noupdate
UtilitiesOffline.js:47load
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »
I deleted the AppCache and tried syncing again. I got the attached with the javascript console open.

Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »
Good info.

Can you please email the file https_www.radishworks.com_0.localstorage to "support (at thing) radishworks.com"

Thanks.

Radishworks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »
Got the file , thanks it helped solve the issue.

It turned out to be an issue on the MM server, its fixed now.  Sorry about that!

Thanks again for your help.

jlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
Hooray! Fantastic! We're back in business for my offline weekend "mission". Thanks! I'm really bummed that I didn't request the satellite truck sooner. It would have been fun to try it online, but this will be a good offline test. Thanks again.

JL
Jeff Lehman
Cave Team
caverescue.net
sbsar.org

Jeff Beckman

• View Profile
    • San Diego Mountain Rescue Team
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
I'm in a similar boat.  My team is headed out to Borrego for our desert training.  I'm sure we'll use both cellular connections and the off-line version.  I'll let all y'all know how it goes.